The Loch 500
The Loch 500
About the Program:
The Loch 500 is a blueprint to maximize your 500-meter time performance in 4 short weeks. The program is structured, defined and written by Sam Loch who walks you through five sessions a week for the duration of the program. The Loch 500 is for athletes who are looking to improve, reduce or train for the 500-meter competitive row. Sam is a former Olympian, world record holder, and Princeton Universtiy student-athlete.
- A 4-Week Training Program, 5 workouts per week
- Access to LiveRowing Premium for 1 year
- Every session is Pre-Programmed with mid-workout coaching notes and guidance from Sam Loch
- The workouts are chronologically ordered and prescribed to achieve peak 500-meter performance in 4 weeks time
- Interval-by-Interval instructions during the workout
- Instant post-workout feedback via the LiveRowing and via email
- Access to the LiveRowing Web Portal for detailed analytics on your Training sessions
About the Coach:
Moving fast on the rowing machine has been a preoccupation of Sam Loch for nearly 20 years. Sam's first indoor rowing experience was a 1000-meter test in 1998. He has broken the 6min mark in the 2000-meter row in thirteen of the last 14 years. The only year he didn't was in 2015 when he broke the 1000-meter open world record. When Sam is not breaking world records, training or rowing in the Olympics for his home country of Australia he is a professional coach. Sam also was on the crew team at Princeton University and rowed for Australia at two Olympic Games (2008, 2012). He won two bronze medals at the World Championships in the men's eight in 2010 and the men's four in 2011. We highly recommend you follow Sam on Instagram(@samloch) for incredible insight, inspiration, and advice.
- An Apple iPhone with the LiveRowing app.
- Concept2 Rowing Machine with either a Performance Monitor 5 or a Performance Monitor 3/4 with the LiveRowing Connect Cable.
- Not required but recommended is a LiveRowing Cradle to mount your mobile phone.